It’s difficult to tell a good person from a bad person just by looking at them.
If you have never seen someone before and you don’t know who they are, they’re called a stranger.
A stranger is someone you don’t know.
If you’re out without your mum and dad or another adult, always stay with your friends or someone you know and trust.
Always tell someone where you are and what you’re going to be doing.
If someone scares you, or tries to touch you and makes you feel uncomfortable tell them ‘no‘ or ‘stop‘ or if they grab hold of you scream as loud as you can to make someone hear you.
Tell your mum and dad or someone you can trust straight away and try to remember as much as you can about the stranger.
- what did the person look like?
- what clothes were they wearing?
- did they have a car or a van?
- what colour was the car or van?
- did they speak to you? what did they say?
- what did their voice sound like?
- can you remember anything else about what happened?
We want you to stay safe so remember these golden rules when you’re out and about.
Never…… go anywhere with a stranger
Never…… take things from a stranger
Never…… get in a car with a stranger
Never…… go off on your own
– From the Nottingham Police Department